Courage is facing your hearts greatest nightmare and doing the right thing anyway — Tim Keller
My Vision Statement:
Old Testament Life Verse: Isaiah 61:7
Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.
New Testament Life Verse: 2 Cor 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
My Mission Statement:
In regards to spiritual matters
- To passionately be a person that externalizes Gods love (extends it to others) and also internalizes Gods life changing Love to me through the person of Jesus Christ.
- To passionately pursue the priorities of Jesus Christ by keeping Christ and the Gospel message central to my thinkology!
- To live my life in an EXPRESSIVE, christ-centered, love-filled, spirit-led way where I take personal risks in my relationships with my wife, family, and friends.
In regards to Family and others:
- Passionately pursue a relationship with my wife. This means spiritually, mentally, emotionally, recreationally, and sexually. To make transparency and spiritual and emotional intimacy a priority in my relationship with Sue.
- To have the strength of my relationship with my wife overflow to the relationship with my children.
- Work on intimately sharing my emotions with my wife and other men.
- Ultimately to be the same person I am internally through Christ that that I am externally. The same person privately that I am publically.
- To manage my family with the flexibility, joy, freedom, boldness, and playfullness of a real Christ-Centered lover. Be an avid fan and encourager of my wife and daughters.
In regards to personal matters:
- Be a “gospel” champion in my ministries and to cultivate change in the hearts of people as I counsel people with the power of the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- To pursue good health in exercise and eating. To use walking, hiking, biking, and motorcycling as sources of health and recreation. Make this accountable to other men.
- To be seen as a skilled, dedicated, and enthusiastic employee.
In regards to personal integrity:
- To pursue transparency and de-compartmentalizing my life so that nothing is hidden in my behavior or talk. To guard against self-pity and to take every thought captive to Christ.
- To be a warrior of Gods love and to engage in the expulsive, replacement, rejoicing of Jesus Christ in the face of my idols.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Jesus’ purpose on the cross tell us …
We are more sinful and weak than we ever cared to admit and (why Jesus had to die for me) …
We are more loved and accepted than we ever dared to hope (why Jesus was glad to die for me).
At my Core
- Christ focused, Gospel-Centric understanding of scripture. Christ my life and a theology of the Cross.
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son view of how idolatry works in the life of man. Deconstructing religious and irreligious idolatry in my life.
- Making Repentance an on-going daily process. The output of a gospel-centric theology of the cross is intimacy, transparency, vulnerability, and openness with Christ in my marriage and family.
- Using the “power of the Gospel” in life application and not just theory.
We will never hunger for Christs’ beauty until we have seen the filth of our vain efforts to make ourselves beautiful